Welcome to the FCCC website!

Welcome to the FCCC Member Forum, please feel free to ask questions, make comments or give tips on any photography related topic. Please be aware that there are rules, and your post will be taken down if you violate them. No blatant advertising, although recommendations may be made. No Profanity, and treat everybody with the respect that you would expect to be treated. Other than that enjoy.

Please critique thi...

Notifications
Clear all

Please critique this for me.  

RSS

Christine Cook
(@christine-cook)
Active Member Moderator
15/01/2017 2:45 pm  

Christine Cook
(@christine-cook)
Active Member Moderator
15/01/2017 2:48 pm  

I think your image has great impact because of the soulful look in the animal's eyes. Indeed the imperfection in one eye lends character. This is a test so it is short.

ReplyQuote
Nancy Springer
(@nancy-springer)
15/01/2017 3:38 pm  

This is a beautiful image showing the inner feelings of the lion. The B & W lends a dramatic impact.

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
15/01/2017 5:48 pm  

This is an exceptionally good image.   I find the placement in the upper left to add a dynamic feel to the image.   I think the entire image being as sharp as it is pull me into the image and the Lion's eyes hold me.  I like how the hair towards the bottom of the frame fades into the background.  I find the use of Black and White focus's attention on the Lion more that it would if it were in color.  I have no guidance to give other than to keep up the great work.

Kevin 

ReplyQuote
Steve Zimic
(@steve-zimic)
07/02/2017 9:10 am  

I think you've got a strong image here Christine which has a lot going for it as others have mentioned. From a critiquing standpoint though I think you could tweak the image to make it even stronger. On my monitor at least the image appears a bit flat. I would darken the blacks and possibly add a dark vignette to bring the viewer into the center of the  face. Possibly cropping a bit off the bottom might help to deliver a stronger presentation. Removing the defect in the eye is a matter of taste but I prefer the image without it. I took the liberty of playing around with your image and attached it - hope you don't mind.

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
08/02/2017 4:02 am  

I looked at this version in comparison to the original and my review is based on the differences.

I feel the affect of these two images is very different.   The original is softer (from the standpoint of impact) than this version.   The newer image is stronger, more menacing, more majestic.    I feel this new version is, perhaps, more realistic and definitely more impactful than the original.   As with the first, I love how sharp and detailed this image is.   I find the placement of the Lion to be very dynamic and I like how the hair of the Lion fades into the background.   Of the two, I would choose this one.

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
08/02/2017 4:09 am  

I want to append this to my last comment.   I find the original to be a bit flat in comparison to this version.   I find this version to have depth and I feel the space around the Lion allows the Lion to leap forward making it  dynamic.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: