Welcome to the FCCC website!

Welcome to the FCCC Member Forum, please feel free to ask questions, make comments or give tips on any photography related topic. Please be aware that there are rules, and your post will be taken down if you violate them. No blatant advertising, although recommendations may be made. No Profanity, and treat everybody with the respect that you would expect to be treated. Other than that enjoy.

Wicklow Mountains (...

Notifications
Clear all

Wicklow Mountains (Ireland)  

RSS

Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
15/01/2017 6:08 pm  

Could someone critique this with eye towards improving it.   It is a work in progress so changes are welcome.

Robert Winch
(@robert-winch)
15/01/2017 6:17 pm  

perhaps add a shaft of light and a choir of heavenly angels......

seriously  though it is a really great image,  I would perhaps try to brighten the background mountains a little

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
15/01/2017 9:36 pm  

Thank you.  I agree it is dark.    I've been trying to figure out how to add selective brightness but haven't been able to figure out how.   I find the image to be flat which is why it is still a work in progress.    I'll give your suggestion a try and see how it looks...Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Nancy Springer
(@nancy-springer)
16/01/2017 11:44 am  

I agree the mountains should be a bit lighter. I think you could probably eliminate the dark clouds at the top, which would give the bright clouds a greater impact. It is a beautiful image.

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
16/01/2017 12:04 pm  

Thank you Nancy

ReplyQuote
Kevin Woodbury
(@kevin-woodbury)
Active Member Admin
16/01/2017 12:04 pm  

Thank you Nancy

ReplyQuote
Claudia Bruni
(@claudia-bruni)
18/01/2017 3:56 pm  

The rocks are great, the clouds are great... the mountains seem to be the last thing my eyes look at...

ReplyQuote
Lynne Mass
(@lynne-mass)
05/06/2017 5:56 pm  

The composition is a lovely landscape.  The rocks in the foreground give it a lot of dimension, but I don't know if you need wuite so much of them...my eye kind of gets stuck on them. Perhaps some crop from the bottom would be useful. It may be my screen, but the whole image looks over saturated and unnatural to me. Did you kick up the saturation?

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: